Join MFY Music Mentor and workshop leader Neil Valentine for The Future Is Now Primary Workshops: Soundscape Stories, to learn how to create your own soundtrack through four fun and engaging weekly online sessions, released on YouTube.
The series aims to help young children, learning at home or in school, gain the skills they need to create their own piece of music using different sounds, melodies, and rhythms and then mix them together to create their own Soundscape Stories based on any theme.
The accompanying resource pack helps teachers and music leaders prepare for each workshop, and contains examples to assist with understanding, links to useful resources and ideas for extension activities. At the end of the series, everyone will have the opportunity to submit their own unique soundtrack for a virtual showcase in late Spring/early Summer 2021.
Benefits to teachers include:
- Access to free and engaging resources which can be used in the classroom or at home (in groups, bubbles or for individuals)
- Supports and enhances the curriculum
- Provides inspiration for future work and projects, including a follow up creative composition task which the whole class can get involved with
- Regular, ongoing content throughout Spring term which can be viewed and used in own time to fit around school day/personal circumstances.
- Accompanying resource pack helps prepare for each workshop, and contains examples to assist with understanding, links to useful resources and ideas for extension activities.
- Cross-curricula opportunities
- Access to Music for Youth’s full programmes of events, including follow up performance and development opportunities, access to expert advice and support from MFY Music Mentors, and access to wider MFY network of music educators.
The workshops are ideal for children aged 7-10 and will be released at 10am on the following dates:
Wednesday 3rd February
Wednesday 10th February
Wednesday 24th February
Wednesday 3rd March
They can also be viewed in your own time, with the whole series available to access at any point whilst registration is open.
Just sign up for free: https://tfin.mfy.org.uk/primary-resources