Music Mark has worked alongside independent Music Education consultant Gary Griffiths to compile COVID-19 related guidance. We have reviewed academic studies, and consulted our Members, the Music Teachers’ Association, the Music Industries Association, the Incorporated Society of Musicians and the Musicians’ Union, as well as individual sector experts, headteachers and teachers.
- December 2022: Music Unlocked – Group A Streptococcus supplement
In light of the recent occurrences of Strep A infections, we’ve produced guidance for preventing transmission during musical activity. These measures will also help control the transmission Covid-19, flu, coughs, and common colds. These are recommendations only; there are currently no restrictions on activities anywhere in the UK. Read the Music Unlocked – Group A Streptococcus supplement here.
The most recent versions of ‘Music Unlocked’ are the guidance supplements below.
- Music Unlocked - UK Guidance (July 2022)
- Literature Review
- Risk Assessments: Music Mark Members Only
- Lateral Flow Testing of staff (and pupils) in schools
- ISM Global Literature Review: Music Performance, Education and COVID-19
- Questions about Ventilation
- Music Unlocked FAQs
- Letter Template to Schools
- Children and Singing during the Pandemic - Martin Ashley
- Report on CO2 monitors for peripatetic music teaching
About the Provider
The UK Association for Music Education