Minute of Listening is an innovative and groundbreaking digital tool that introduces children to a wealth of exciting sonic experiences and offers teachers new and creative ways to deliver a number of areas of the school curriculum.
Suitable for all primary-aged children
- 60 seconds of creative sound and music for every day of the school year
- Introducing active listening into the classroom or at home settings
- Encourages creative responses and enquiry across a range of curriculum areas
- Supports development of cognitive skills in a fun and inclusive way
Suitable for generalist primary and specialist music teachers
- Intuitive and simple to use, responsive and flexible for different activities and subject areas
- Hundreds of contributors, including field recordings, historical classics and music by a diverse range of living composers
- Expertly selected and curated by Sound and Music, the UK’s national organisation and charity for new music
- Endorsed by educational hubs and partners
- Free and fun way to engage children through ICT
About the Provider
Sound and Music is the national charity for new music. Our work covers composer and artist development, partnerships with a range of organisations, audience development, touring, information and advice, network building, and our education programme.