Music Services may need to provide pupils, parents and carers with instrument maintenance guides. If you don’t have guides ready to go, we may be able to help! Inspiring Music, Bedfordshire, Hounslow Music Service, Barking and Dagenham Community Music Service, Buckinghamshire Music Trust and Warwick Music Groups have kindly shared their guides.
Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have guides you can share.
Instrument Maintenance Resources
- How to tune your violin: YouTube tutorial
- How to set-up your violin bridge: YouTube tutorial
- How to set-up your Music Stand: YouTube tutorial
- Tuning a cello for Beginners - PDF
- Fixing Valves on Brass Instruments - PDF
- Making Trombone Slides Move Freely - PDF
- Tuning a viola for beginners - PDF
- Violin Maintenance - Video
- How to sterilize your string instrument - Video
- Oiling your valves - Video
- How to clean a brass instrument - Video
- pInstrument Cleaning Guides
About the Provider
Hounslow Music Service provides instrumental and vocal lessons to learners of all ages and all abilities, both in and out of school time. In addition to these lessons we also offer a structured, progressive ensemble programme at our midweek music centres and organise performances and projects to complement pupils’ learning. We work alongside our schools to support the delivery of music education across the Borough. Over 12,000 instrumentalists and vocalists in Hounslow already learn with us – come and join them!
Inspiring Music in Central Bedfordshire's aspiration is to create a system that encourages everyone, whatever their background, to enjoy music and help those with real talent to flourish. Read more here: https://www.inspiringmusic.co.uk/