A national network
Our members are leaders of music education and collectively form a national network of organisations and individuals providing high-quality music education for all children and young people. They comprise of music services and/or lead organisations of music education hubs, their partners and schools. Our individual members are practitioners with a wide range of experience in music education.
Through the collective strength of our membership, we are able to develop networks and resources that help the sector to support children and young people in their social and musical development.
Music Mark’s members recognise that music has a value in and of itself. The pursuit of learning to sing/play an instrument, learning to compose, learning to listen critically and the myriad of other musical skills are valuable in their own right. This is then demonstrated by:
- music enabling increased behaviours for learning
- music boosting children and young people’s social development
- music fostering team work
- music building life skills
- music encouraging creativity and critical engagement
- music being fun and for everyone