Leading music company Hal Leonard Europe (HLE) has announced the launch of Essential Elements Music Class, its new online platform which gives primary school teachers a complete solution for delivering the music curriculum.
Essential Elements Music Class is easy-to-use, provides fun and engaging content, and has at its core popular songs which children love to sing. Powered by Hal Leonard’s unparalleled catalogue, the platform includes a wealth of favourite hit songs from Disney, Pixar, The Beatles, The Greatest Showman, Katy Perry, Bruno Mars, Bob Marley and many more.
This new resource not only enables excellent music provision, but also allows teachers the opportunity to integrate music-making into their schemes of work, in assemblies, for PSHE, and for events in the wider school calendar. EE Music Class aspires to make a first-class music education a possibility for every child in the UK, at an affordable price – just £99 + VAT for a whole year’s subscription to the service – and with flexible pricing options available for Music Hubs and MATs on request.
Essential Elements Music Class is already used by thousands of schools across the USA. The new UK version has been expertly adapted to meet the needs of UK teachers, with non-specialists in mind. New content will be frequently added to reflect the latest popular songs for children. Key features include:
• Over 500 song resources, variously featuring notation, backing tracks, demonstration tracks, singalong lyrics, printable piano accompaniments, dance routine videos and more.
• Classroom music lessons for years 1–6, fully planned and customisable to supplement and enhance existing schemes of work.
• Whole-class methods for ukulele and recorder.
• A virtual bookshelf of Hal Leonard digital books, with great ideas for classroom music-making
• Interactive Listening Maps, featuring learning games on great works from classical, film and musical theatre.
• Downloadable activity worksheets covering a wide range of year-appropriate topics
• Teacher-led playlists, enabling pupils and parents to access songs and learning resources at home, with no child login required.
Tom Farncombe, Business Development Director, Hal Leonard Europe adds “At Hal Leonard Europe, we are passionate about the importance of music in the primary classroom and acutely aware of the challenges that schools and teachers face in delivering music. EE Music Class is designed to meet those challenges by being easy to use, highly flexible, and full of popular songs that teachers and children will love to sing. It’s accessible and affordable – a perfect platform for starting children on a journey for lifelong music-making.”
Essential Elements Music Class is available at www.eemusicclass.co.uk, with free 30-day trials now open.