The 5th MERYC-England conference will be hosted by Bristol Plays Music at Colston Hall, Colston Street, Bristol, BS1 5AR. We are indebted to our partners in this conference: Take Art and Bristol Plays Music, for their generous financial sponsorship, organisational and administrative support.
This 5th conference follows the first meeting in 2012 at University of Roehampton, the second in 2014 at University of Cambridge, the third in 2015 with Berkshire Maestros, the fourth in 2016 at Edge Hill University. It is led by the MERYC-England, a charitable incorporated organisation, affiliated to EuNet MERYC that hosts a European conference biennially. MERYC-England hosts its meetings on the alternate biennial years.
This two-day conference aims to explore new directions in early childhood music education whilst valuing our traditions and heritages. You will have the opportunity to reflect on how research can influence four key questions:
1. What are the new directions emerging in ECME in England?
2. How do traditional music education approaches and methods relate to new directions?
3. How do we ensure creative environments for musical play with both adults and children?
4. How do we reflect professionally on the values and traditions of early childhood music education?
5. What key messages do we want to communicate to the wider early childhood education and music education communities?
We encourage interactive participation through discussion, practical activities, dissemination of research and innovative practice relating to the field of music in early childhood (0-8 years), in education (both inside and outside school), informal learning contexts and everyday life.
CALL FOR PAPERS : Submission Deadline for abstract 31 May 2018
More information HERE