Southwark Music aims to enrich the lives of all Southwark children and young people by making the learning of music dynamic, energetic, varied and fun. We currently have the following vacancies:
- Curriculum Music Tutor for a Special Educational Needs Primary School (3 days a week – Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at £40 an hour)
- Curriculum Music Tutors for Mainstream Primary Schools (Various positions available at £40 an hour)
- Saturday Centre Instrumental Tutors of Keyboard, Voice and Aural Skills (Saturday mornings at £32 an hour)
Job responsibilities include:
- Plan, prepare, teach and evaluate music lessons following Southwark Music’s ‘Scheme of Work’ and ‘Musical Inclusion With Children With SEND’ guide.
- Foster positive relationships with members of staff and students.
- Be responsible for having up-to-date knowledge of developments in teaching and instrumental learning and be able to implement these in lessons where appropriate.
Successful Candidates will have experience of group music teaching with the ability to inspire and enthuse children and young people within a positive learning environment.
Southwark Music is committed to creating and sustaining a diverse, positive and inclusive working environment for all.
How to Apply
For more information or to apply for a Curriculum post, please visit https://jobs.southwark.gov.uk/jobs/curriculum-music-tutor-sc04764.
For more information or to apply for a Saturday Centre Instrumental Tutor post, please visit https://jobs.southwark.gov.uk/jobs/music-tutor-instrumental–sc04758
If you have any questions about these posts please contact Jennifer.Cable@southwark.gov.uk.