Rock and Pop Band Leader
Are you an enthusiastic, experienced musician looking for a full-time permanent role in music, which also leaves you time to play in your own band? Do you see yourself operating in a positive working environment? Can you picture yourself working with a motivated, passionate team? Then we may have just the role for you.
Rocksteady Music School deliver inspiring music lessons by sending passionate musicians into schools to teach primary school children how to play in a rock band. We’ve created a strong company culture where everyone truly believes in the product and is dedicated to its success. Everyone is here for the same reason – to empower as many children as possible.
• We are looking for passionate and inspiring music teachers across to encourage the musical progression and personal development of children aged 4-11
• Delivering band lessons in primary schools by combining our unique and progressive teaching method with your personal flair
• Giving children the opportunity to have their first ever experience of playing an instrument
• Supporting children during their first live performances
• Maintaining high communication and customer service standards with parents and schools
• Maintaining relationships with multiple schools
Our expectations are that you will
• Be multi-instrumentalist – competent on at least 2 of: drums, guitar, keyboard and vocals
• Have a full UK driving licence and own transport
• Have excellent communication and interpersonal abilities with both children and adults
• Be outgoing, confident and approachable
• Be energetic and enthusiastic with high stamina and persistence
• Be a strong independent worker with good time management skills
• Have great IT/administration skills and attention to detail
• Have experience of playing in bands
• Be passionate about teaching – experience is preferred, but it’s not a requirement (training will be provided)
In return we promise that we will
• Offer you the opportunity to grow and develop with the business
• Ensure you work in an environment where people are excited, motivated and passionate about the work they are doing
• Ensure you have fun – through annual staff away-day, Christmas party and opportunities to socialise with other musicians throughout the year
• Give you 10 weeks holiday per year
• Provide you with training in our unique and progressive teaching methodologies
• Give you the opportunity to make a positive difference to children at a defining point in their lives
• Give you lots of support from other musicians within the company
• Include you in our staff benefits program which includes free mobile phone insurance, free taste card and hundreds of other perks and discounts
• Include you in our bonus scheme
Rocksteady’s mission is to empower as many children as possible. Our vehicle for achieving this is teaching children how to play in a rock band. Everything that you will do in this role is connected to this mission, directly or indirectly. You will go to work happy in the knowledge that you are part of a project that is creating opportunities every day for young people to build their confidence through exploring their creativity.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position please visit our website and complete the online application form which can be found on our careers page.