This is a fantastic time to join an exciting and evolving organisation that has at its heart excellence, inclusion, child voice, creativity and wellbeing, through music.
NCO’s commitments to its Administrative Team include professional development planning, hybrid working, a great location and more.
£28,000 per year
- To lead on the planning and delivery of NCO’s Projects programme
- To co-lead on the planning and delivery of NCO’s Digital programme and annual Auditions process
- Act as on-site Orchestra Manager for allocated National activity
Main Operational Tasks
To lead on the planning and delivery of NCO’s Projects programme:
- Setting timelines, arranging status meetings, scheduling activity and managing budget with PPD
- Lead on orchestra logistics in advance of activity including Tutor bookings, venue booking, stage and seating plans, delivery schedules, transport, logistics and instrument hire
- Event management in advance including creating daily schedules, risk assessments and venue requirements
- Event management during activity including Concert/Stage Management
£22,000 per year
- To provide thorough administrative support required to deliver NCO’s annual programme.
Main Operational Tasks
- Responsibility for issuing contracts, ensuring smooth payments and keeping accurate records of NCO’s freelance workforce (e.g. Music Tutors, Support Team, Specialist Leads, Guest Artists and Conductors)
- Managing DBS checks, reference requests and tracking and arranging safeguarding training for NCO’s freelance workforce
- Creating activity-related documentation including packing lists, orchestra lists, schedules and signage etc.
- Collating and packing equipment relating to pastoral and medical care in liaison with relevant personnel
- Ensuring that each activity team has access to digital hardware and information
- Working with the PPD, Operations and Communications Teams to support NCO Auditions including delivering the submission, adjudication, moderation and results process as a team.
- Provide additional orchestral management/administrative support to activity days both online and in person across all elements of NCO’s programme
- Utilise children’s membership data records, using NCO’s Customer Relationship Management system (CRM), Beacon, to create accurate lists and information
How to Apply
To find out more and to apply, please visit https://www.nco.org.uk/contact/work-with-us/administrative-team.