We are currently looking for enthusiastic and passionate peripatetic teachers to deliver high quality individual and small group music tuition in schools and at our music centres. You will have the opportunity to enhance and develop your career across all areas of the music service including ensemble direction and performance opportunities, together with a mix of beginner, intermediate and advanced tuition.
Driving licence and own transport are essential for these roles. Contracted staff get the benefits of a travel allowance as well as entry to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme.
Maestros is the leading provider of musical education across Berkshire. As an independent and inclusive children’s charitable trust, our aim is to provide children and young people with high quality musical education. As leader of the Berkshire Music Hub, we pride ourselves in being a caring and inspirational music organisation that puts our staff and pupils at the heart of everything we do. We work hand-in-hand with acclaimed professional artists and partners to provide a diverse range of musical services for all children and young people, adults, music practitioners and the wider community.
Contracted vacancies ranging from 0.2 FTE to FT
£23,500 – £30,000 FTE per annum
- Trumpet specialist / brass teacher (Reading/West Berkshire/East Berkshire) Includes Saturday morning working.
- Violin teacher (Windsor/Ascot/Maidenhead)
- Voice teacher (maternity cover) (Reading/West Berkshire.) To include choir rehearsals on Saturday mornings and work with county choirs.
- Orchestral Percussion teacher (East Berkshire)
- Double Bass teacher (Reading/West Berkshire/East Berkshire) Must include a Tuesday morning
- Woodwind teacher (Reading/West Berkshire/East Berkshire)
- Clarinet/Sax specialist & general woodwind teacher
- Early Years teacher (West Berkshire) Includes Saturday morning working.
£25 – £30 per hour
- Voice – evening/Saturday morning (Newbury area)
- Guitar – Thursday evening (Newbury area and Reading area)
- Piano – Saturday morning (Reading area)
How to Apply
Please indicate which of the roles you are interested in teaching when submitting your application.
Please see www.berkshiremaestros.org.uk for more information regarding our organisation. Please submit your application form to email@example.com at your earliest convenience and we will be in touch with you.