Oxfordshire County Music Service (OCMS) is a vibrant music service offering music tuition and activities to meet the aspirations of children and young people across the county. We are looking for a highly motivated and committed music educator, specialising in guitar, to join our inspirational team. Oxfordshire is a great place to live and work and OCMS is able to operate schoolteachers’ pay and conditions (qualified and unqualified) subject to local agreement.
We are looking for a teacher who is:
- Able to teach pupils to a high standard in their area of musical expertise
- Able to teach students individually, and in small and large groups
- Adaptable and able to teach beyond their specialist area
- Willing to develop their teaching practice according to the needs of a diverse range of students
- Able to work during the day, at the evening and on Saturday mornings
- Available for approx. 8-10 hours per week. We are looking for a candidate who can develop and expand this work, with the possibility of moving to a permanent contract if this is successful.
Applications from candidates with experience of group or class teaching and those able to offer beginner ukulele teaching would be particularly welcomed.
Oxfordshire County Music Service offers weekly vocal and instrumental tuition and a thriving programme of ensembles, activities and events including performing arts; music technology; early music; music theory; area music centres; early years and adult programmes and courses during the weekends and school holidays. Progression is provided in all its ensembles from big bands and rock and pop groups through to wind bands and orchestras, the more advanced groups of which regularly perform at Oxfordshire’s cultural events, in national venues and in annual overseas tours.
How to Apply
Due to teachers having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, candidates will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and title your email Casual Guitar Post.