We are particularly keen to hear from tutors with the skills and availability to teach the following:
- Piano (Putney/Roehampton): Thursdays 2.5 hours, Tuesdays all day & Tuesday afternoons
- Whole Class Curriculum Music (various locations): Regular cover teaching
- Strings: c.1 day (whole class and small group peri)
Salary: Hourly Paid, subject to experience: £25 per hour to £31.25 per hour (inclusive of holiday pay and eligibility for teachers’ pension).
As an independent and inclusive charity, Wandsworth Music delivers excellence in music education and performance to more than 7,000 children a year. We provide opportunities for young people to learn musical instruments and sing; perform in a range of ensembles and choirs; work and perform alongside acclaimed professional musicians and ensembles, and most importantly develop a lifelong love of music!
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- The ability to demonstrate high levels of musicianship in their field of practice/ music specialism
- The ability and passion to motivate, engage and inspire young people of all musical abilities and backgrounds
- The ability to maintain high professional standards, including excellent timekeeping and communication skills.
- A reflective practitioner with a passion for continued learning and development.
- An enthusiastic team player, able to use their own initiative.
Wandsworth is a multicultural borough and we are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing a workforce that reflects the diverse community that we serve. We particularly welcome applications from people from underrepresented groups including people with disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds.
How to Apply
Please visit www.wandsworthmusic.co.uk/vacancies to download the job description and application form.
Please send the completed application form, your CV and a covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experiences to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful candidates will be invited to attend an interview.
Please note, previous unsuccessful applicants need not apply.
Wandsworth Music is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to pre-employment checks including an Enhanced DBS check and references.