Specialist Music Teacher/s wanted for September 2022:
- 1 DAY/6 Hours – Peripatetic Brass Teaching/WK
- 1 DAY/6 Hours – Peripatetic Woodwind Teaching/WK
- 1 .5 to 2 days – Curriculum Music Teacher/WK
These roles could be separate or combined for someone with the appropriate skillset and experience.
Ryders Hayes is a musical school. Trustees are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, talented, and dynamic Music Leader for September 2022 onwards, to take our existing bespoke, Kodàly-based curriculum and high standard of instrumental tuition to the next level, who will: inspire pupils, colleagues and parents; drive the teaching and learning of music and enrichment opportunities; bring fresh ideas and challenge and have a proven track record of delivering an exciting music curriculum/ with high expectations for themselves and all our pupils.
Peripatetic instrumental teaching could be delivered by the same person, or a team – all applicants for any aspect of the Music offer are encouraged to apply. Applicants with the pre-requisite skills but without a teaching qualification will also be considered.
We are looking for:
- Inspirational teachers who bring commitment, enthusiasm and energy to this post
- A Music leader with proven experience of at least 3 years, with high impact upon teaching and learning
- A leader to drive excellent standards of Music learning and teaching across the key stages;
- Model and understand what great music teaching looks like
- Someone with the confidence and experience to make a valuable contribution the life of the school
- Teachers who are generous with their time because they want the very best outcomes for pupils
- Creative people who can think ‘outside the box’ and contribute to our vision
- Teachers who see solutions rather than problems and who embrace teamwork
- Staff with ambition and determination to be the best they can be in whatever direction they want their career to go
- Teachers who want to be professionally respected, well supported and developed
- Someone who ensures that all pupils make expected progress towards aspirational targets and develop their musicality
- Practitioners who champion our high standards of pupil behaviour and expectations of good character
- Professionals who support the development of an inspiring and innovative Music curriculum, differentiated to meet the needs of all pupils
- Someone to uphold the inclusive principles that are integral to our ethos;
- Professionals who want a wider impact beyond the classroom; to create opportunities for performance and appreciation of a range of musical genres, sign-posting pupils to more advanced musical groups
- People with excellent emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills and the ability to work in partnership with our staff; a range of professionals, partners, pupils, parents and trustees
- Professionals keen and willing to engage in and promote evidence-based research and interventions
- Champions of positive mental health, well-being and growth mindset for pupils and staff alike
We can offer you:
- A vibrant, happy workplace
- The opportunity to make a difference to our happy and successful school, with the pupil at the heart of every decision.
- A school open to new ideas and challenges; keen to adopt evidence-based research and willing to embrace change for the good of the school and partner schools
- Excellent development opportunities as a leader of learning for our pupils; staff, and wider professional community to engage as part of our Training School activities, working across the Black Country and beyond.
- Extensive CPD opportunities, including specific, funded Kodàly/specialist training.
- Flexible working
- Numerous additional benefits as a Ryders Hayes Academy employee (see our People Strategy)
These roles are available combined for suitable candidates or on an individual basis according to expertise. Wider Opportunities is taught in Year 5, where all pupils learn to play a brass or woodwind instrument, this could be taught either by the Music Leader (if skillset appropriate) or the peripatetic teacher(s.)
Ryders Hayes School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful application
How to Apply
Suitable candidates should register their interest with Office Manager, Raj Samra, email@example.com as soon as possible or call 01922683008 from 7th June to arrange an informal discussion with senior leaders.