Ealing Council’s Music Service is the lead partner of the Ealing Music Partnership and Music Hub supported by Arts Council England, delivering instrument and singing tuition, ensembles and other music education events and activities for Ealing schools and families throughout the borough.
We are looking for a motivated and ambitious person with a passion for delivering the music education for children and young people in one of the most exciting and diverse areas of London.
You will support the smooth operation of all administrative aspects of the business, including personnel and finance.
The successful candidate will have:
• Experience of processing financial information with accuracy and attention to detail
• Good organisational skills
• Good working knowledge of MS Word and Excel
• Good written and verbal communication skills to deal with staff, parents, children and other customers in a friendly, helpful and empathetic manner
• Be available to support the general operation and activities of the department, and to attend occasional events and meetings at evenings and weekends
• An interest in music education and some knowledge of instruments.
This role is deemed customer facing and as such you must have a command of spoken English which is sufficient to enable you to effectively perform the role. This requirement relates to Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016.
This role will initially be based in EMS offices at Ealing Music Service, Dominion Centre and Library, 112 The Green, Southall, Middlesex UB2 4BQ. Applicants should note that EMS expects to relocate to another site in the borough and they may also be required to work from home from time to time.
For more information regarding this role please contact Paul Stewart, EMS Business and Development Manager at StewartP@ealing.gov.uk.
Ealing Council is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Ealing Council follows safer recruitment practices to protect children and vulnerable adults. The post holder will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
This post is subject to Ealing Council’s enhanced vetting process.
This is a full-time position with 35 hours per week (7hrs/day, Mon-Fri). All holidays to be taken outside of the school academic term time.
There is also an option to work ‘Term-Time Only’ +2 Weeks, equivalent to 41 working weeks per year.
How to Apply
To apply please visit https://www.ealing.gov.uk/homepage/28/jobs