Term time only: 18.5 hours per week, 41 weeks per year
We have a great opportunity for a Music Development Lead to join our business, actively supporting and promoting Devon & Torbay Music Education Hubs / Babcock Learning & Development Partnership Music, at a local and regional level, to help encourage children and young people fulfil their musical potential.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Music Development Lead to provide expert advice, to support all schools and music educators in delivering a broad and balanced curriculum, with music at its heart. Therefore, a highly self-motivated, enthusiastic individual who presents outstanding spoken and written communication skills as well as the ability to demonstrate success in raising standards and levels of participation in music education, are all key attributes in securing this role.
What will you be doing?
- Engage all schools in meaningful discussion around their music education provision, particularly in terms of supporting Hub objectives in delivering the core roles of the National Plan for Music Education:
- Further extend the reach and quality of WCET and the number of children and young people progressing beyond this
- Ensure a diverse range of high quality ensemble and performance opportunities are available and accessible for all children and young people
- Ensure high quality and relevant progression routes are available and accessible for all children and young people
- Embed singing in every school, raising the bar with high quality singing opportunities and progression routes for all children and young people
- Support the provision of relevant and engaging CPD for classroom, instrumental and vocal teachers through a range of approaches to ensure a skilled and motivated workforce
- Organise and contribute to inspirational, innovative and transformational projects and events for all children and young people
- Support the wellbeing and personal development of children and young people through music
- Work with colleagues to ensure the investment of public funding in music education is fair, effective and efficient
- Lead and/or contribute to clear, measurable plans, budgets and performance targets.
The experience you’ll bring:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent qualifications/experience is essential
- Extensive proven track record as a music educator and a thorough understanding of the role of Music Education Hubs in the delivery of the National Plan for Music Education is essential
- Excellent organisational, administrative and communication skills is essential
- Good IT skills, including a working knowledge of internet and social media as a means of communication and learning is essential
- Commitment to and understanding of safeguarding for children and young people is essential
- Active portfolio as a music educator and outstanding personal skills in musical performance
- Extensive experience of working with schools, including with leadership teams and/or governing bodies
- Success in raising standards and levels of participation in music education, both within the curriculum and through out of school provision
- Thorough understanding of the role of Music Education Hubs in delivering the National Plan for Music Education
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role e- Enhanced DBS with Children’s Barred List
- The role is mobile and you will be required to hold a full driving licence and provide a vehicle for business use.
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
- Share ownership scheme
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
- We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
About Babcock LDP
Babcock LDP is part of Babcock Education, providing integrated education improvement and specialist intervention services. We work with academies, schools and settings, Devon County Council, other Local Authorities and with a range of regional and national bodies. Babcock LDP provides a single integrated service, which enables us to understand more fully the needs of customers and to deliver the best services to meet those needs in a coherent way. Our mission is to improve the life chances of all children and young people.
Babcock Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Please follow the link when you apply to find out more.
How to Apply
All applications should be made online by clicking the following link: https://jobs.babcockinternational.com/Babcock/job/Barnstaple-Music-Development-Lead-Devo-EX15-2QW/784833801/
Visit our website to find out more about Devon & Torbay Music Education Hubs: https://www.musiceducationhub.org/
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.