MEHEM has been successful in securing funding, as part of the Underpinning Hubs for the Future:
Partnership Innovation Fund | Music Mark, which will contribute to stabilisation and recovery in the
wake of COVID-19. Our aim is to develop a MEHEM wide Equality Diversity & Inclusion (ED&I)
collaborative strategy which will take immediate action to improve ED&I in music education across
Additional partners include Home | Orchestras Live and Changing Tracks Hertfordshire – Changing
Post Specifications: MEHEM ED&I Project Lead Consultant
We seek an ED&I Project Lead Consultant, initially until March 2022, to develop a MEHEM wide ED&I
strategy which will take immediate action across the region.
The MEHEM ED&I Project Lead Consultant will provide central coordination and lead on the day to
day implementation and administration of the project.
- Manage and deliver the development of the MEHEM ED&I Theory of Change including
implementation plans for each MEH
- Explore the range of starting points in partnership with newly engaged ED&I Local MEHEM
Champions (MEHEM ED&I working party)
- Build an ED&I understanding of each MEH including the needs of their workforce
- Review and prioritise existing recommendations from recent documentations
- Identify existing best practice across the sector within the region and nationally e.g.
UpRising! – MEHEM
- Develop and Implement a workforce ED&I survey
- Identify MEHEM ED&I SMART recommendations such as
1. ED&I Awareness (Training)
2. Developing Diverse Workforce
3. Diversifying MEH offer
4. Creation of a ED&I strategy with a clear actions timeline
5. Agreement and dissemination of MEHEM ED&I Pledge (MEH Partners)
Similar to ‘More than a Moment’ West Midlands LCEPS
- Develop and agree the ‘What Next?’ timeline to future proof the development
Additional days are available where the candidate has the skills, expertise and knowledge to deliver
against the identified SMART recommendations such as workforce training. This may also be
externally sourced if appropriate.
How to Apply
Candidates should send a CV, completed details form, and a covering letter outlining their suitability for the post and how they meet the key attributes to firstname.lastname@example.org