Start Date: September 2022 unless otherwise stated
Driving licence and own transport are essential for these roles. Contracted staff get the benefits of a travel allowance as well as entry to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme.
Contracted or self employed. (Contracted salaries range from £23,500 to £30,000 plus car allowance)
We are currently looking for enthusiastic and passionate peripatetic teachers to deliver high quality individual and small group music tuition in schools and at our music centres. You will have the opportunity to enhance and develop your career across all areas of the music service including ensemble direction and performance opportunities, together with a mix of beginner, intermediate and advanced tuition.
- Brass – Trumpet specialist- 2 positions available – Reading and East Berkshire. Full/part time considered to include Saturdays. September or as soon as possible.
- Early Years Teacher – part time 1.5 days East Berkshire to include Windsor Music Centre on a Saturday morning. September start
- Guitar – Full or part time – Reading/Wokingham area. September start or as soon as possible. (Classical or contemporary.)
- Oboe specialist – part time approximately 1.5 days Reading area. Could be combined with general woodwind for full/part time. September start
- Saxophone specialist – part time Newbury area. September start or as soon as possible
- Violin – full or part time – East Berkshire. September start
- Vocal teacher: Windsor/Maidenhead area 1 to 1.5 days (flexible) Self employed but contract may be available for the right person.
Starting Salary: £19 000 plus car allowance
We’re looking for graduate teachers in the following areas:
If you’re a new graduate and want to start a teaching career then Berkshire Maestros offers a complete 2 year training package. We offer support with either the CME or ABRSM teaching diploma when you feel you are ready.
If you start as a graduate teacher with us, you will receive:
- An opportunity to learn on the job with a reduced timetable.
- Training with the other graduates.
- An experienced mentor in your instrumental area
- The opportunity to try different elements of music education, this might be working in alternative provision, SEND education, community music for example our singing cafes, conducting an ensemble, or even coaching or leading sectionals for our county ensembles.
We are happy to consider both full and part time graduates looking to launch their careers in music education.
Music Session Leaders
Self employed rates
We are looking for musicians and music leaders who are willing to be involved in leading regular sessions in a variety of settings including pupils at risk of exclusion, alternative provision, young carers, SEND and in collaboration with youth workers. This work may involve regular sessions or shorter projects and includes work in the evenings.
About Berkshire Maestros
Berkshire Maestros is the leading provider of musical education across Berkshire. As an independent and inclusive children’s charitable trust, our aim is to provide children and young people with high quality musical education. As leader of the Berkshire Music Hub, we pride ourselves in being a caring and inspirational music organisation that puts our staff and pupils at the heart of everything we do. We work hand-in-hand with acclaimed professional artists and partners to provide a diverse range of musical services for all children and young people, adults, music practitioners and the wider community.
How to Apply
For an application form, please visit https://berkshiremaestros.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Application-form-3.doc. Please indicate which of the above roles that you are interested in teaching when submitting your application. Please submit your application form to email@example.com at your earliest convenience and before the deadline of Friday 13th May 2022.
Please see www.berkshiremaestros.org.uk for more information regarding our organisation.
Berkshire Maestros is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring check.