Bury Music Service is looking for enthusiastic, passionate instrumental teachers to teach in schools across Bury delivering small group and individual instrumental teaching and whole class ensemble teaching. The appointments are for permanent, hourly paid, part time positions and also for temporary cover teachers.
Bury Music Service is dedicated to providing outstanding music education to children in Bury, engaging with primary schools, secondary schools and sixth form colleges across the borough. We provide instrumental teaching and ensemble coaching, workshops, curriculum support, early years teaching and whole class ensemble teaching. Bury Music Centre provides opportunities for hundreds of young musicians to play in a range of ensembles on weekday evenings and Saturday mornings. These ensembles have an excellent reputation within the Greater Manchester Hub and beyond.
We would like to hear from you if:
- You are a music graduate, having achieved a high standard of performance on your main instrument.
- Experience of Whole Class Ensemble Teaching (also known as First Access/Wider Opportunities) is desirable but not essential.
- You have experience of taking pupils through recognised examinations and have clear progression routes ensuring every pupil makes the progress they are capable of.
- You welcome the responsibility of guiding young people on their musical journey and understand the importance of building excellent relationships with pupils, parents and schools.
- You regularly evaluate your own teaching and enjoy adapting your methods to suit the individual needs of each pupil. You feel you are always learning.
- You are flexible, reliable and looking for a close team to join.
- You are willing to work evenings and weekends where necessary and understand the necessity of giving performance opportunities to your pupils.
- Your friends would describe you as loyal, honest, hardworking and a pleasant person to be around.
- You have a full UK driving licence and are happy to drive between schools.
How to Apply
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org saying why you would suit this post and the teaching experience you have. Please include contact details and a current CV.
Bury Music Service is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.