- WCET hourly rate (including prep and annual leave): £32.13 – £36.44
- Small Group / Individual Tuition hourly rate (including prep and annual leave): £28.12 – £31.88
Gloucestershire Music address: Colwell Arts Centre, Derby Rd, Gloucester, GL1 4AD.
Day and time: Weekdays during school hours
Regularity: Weekly during term time (max 30 weeks per academic year).
Gloucestershire Music (GM) are looking for enthusiastic, skilled instrumental tutors to teach in Gloucestershire schools as part of our team of ‘Whole Class Ensemble Tuition’ (WCET) tutors who offer a range of services to schools to deliver WCET, small group and individual tuition. Applicants must have the ability to inspire and communicate effectively with children, be committed to high quality music education, be organised and able to meet deadlines as well as have the ability to play an instrument to a high standard (see job profile for more details).
Vacancies are available in all instrumental groups with particular need for woodwind and brass tutors. Applicants specialising in non-western classical instrumentation are encouraged to apply. Successful post holders will support Gloucestershire Music in achieving high quality music education by effectively supporting pupils to develop their musical and instrumental skills, motivating and inspiring them to ensure that their identified outcomes are met, and working as part of a professional team of music tutors dedicated to offering high quality music education.
This position is advertised as 1 hour initially as a minimum contract but is very likely to have more hours available depending on the candidate’s ability to travel to the necessary parts of the County where schools/parents have requested tuition – this would be discussed at interview. Contract hours are changed 3 times a year (for each new term) and will vary depending on demand.
You’ll be entitled to our full benefits package, including:
- Annual leave allowance
- Travel costs (conditions apply)
- Membership to the Teachers Pension Scheme
- Discounts at a number of major supermarket chains and high street retailers
- Gloucestershire Salary Sacrifice Green Car Scheme (T&C’s apply)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) that provides free, confidential, counselling and advice for employees, available 24 hours a day, online and by telephone.
And much more!