We are seeking instrumental teachers for whole class, small group and individual lessons working in Slough schools. There are also opportunities to be involved with extra-curricular groups, music centre and holiday clubs The successful applicants will have the following attributes:
- The ability to demonstrate high levels of musicianship and knowledge of your specialist instrument or music curriculum
- The ability and passion to enthuse, engage and motivate children and young people of all musical abilities as well as diverse backgrounds
- Have experience of, and enthusiasm for teaching beginner, as well as advanced instrumentalists
- The ability to work with schools to develop their music curriculum and to be able to convey this work to children in Primary and Secondary schools in the appropriate manner.
- The ability to plan and deliver high quality, enjoyable lessons which demonstrate every student’s musical skills and knowledge progress each term
- The ability to maintain high professional standards at all times including excellent timekeeping, timesheet and register administration, clear and timely communication with schools, parents, students and the music service.
We are committed to recruiting and continuing to develop our workforce to reflect the diverse community we serve and welcome applicants underrepresented in music education such as those with disabilities and/or from Black, Asian or minority ethnic backgrounds. Experience, commitment and a high level of demonstrated musicianship is more important than formal qualifications for these posts. Additional pedagogical training and support will be provided for the right candidates.
Slough is a vibrant, diverse and thriving borough with an exciting future for music education for the community. Our schools are highly supportive of the arts, offering our staff a rewarding and innovative place to work.
We support all teachers to self-promote and grow their timetables to suit their needs and aspirations and we organise regular CPD sessions to support career development. Applicants must be able and willing to travel between venues across Slough. All staff are subject to Slough Borough Council safer recruitment protocols, pre-employment checks including an Enhanced DBS check and following up of all references. Training such as safeguarding, and health and safety will be provided.