Camden Music Service delivers over 2,000 individual lessons a week and whole-class instrumental lessons in almost every Camden primary school. We have two Saturday Music Centres, and a range of groups, which rehearse at weekends, during the holidays and after school. In all our activities and in the workplace, we aim to provide an inclusive and approachable environment, where difference is valued, and everyone, whether teaching or learning, feels welcome.
From September 2022 we need teachers of
- Violin and viola for whole class and individual tuition
- Guitar and ukulele for whole class and individual tuition
- Brass for whole class and individual tuition, also band leading/sectional coaching
- Piano for individual tuition
- Beginner ensemble – we need someone very special to direct an ensemble of near-beginners recruited from our whole-class scheme, on a Saturday morning. This group may use notation, but will also teach aurally, and will work through improvisation.
Successful applicants will be highly skilled in their specialism, and will have the ability to plan and deliver learning experiences to pupils of many different backgrounds, abilities and needs. They will understand that pupils need to feel safe, accepted and engaged in order to learn, and that an able teacher continually reflects on and modifies their teaching to suit different students and situations. They will understand the wider context in which the pupil learns, will make themselves aware of local progression opportunities, and ensure that students are directed towards these as appropriate.
In September 2022 we will pay £28.10/hour for individual and small group tuition. There is a higher pay rate for leading whole class tuition.
How to Apply
To apply, please send a teaching CV to email@example.com with your name and the words ‘June 22 recruitment’ in the subject line by Wednesday 6th July.