Slough Music Service is a unique, friendly and expanding music service that seeks motivated, talented and reliable music teachers who enjoy teaching beginners as well as more experienced players.
Vacancies are available in the following specialisms:
We are seeking a number of instrumental and vocal tutors to teach individual, small group and whole class lessons in schools. There are also opportunities to be involved with extra-curricular groups, holiday clubs and to team teach whole class groups for those without whole class experience. The successful applicants will have the following attributes:
- The ability to demonstrate high levels of musicianship and knowledge of your specialist instrument
- The ability and passion to enthuse and motivate children and young people of all musical abilities and backgrounds
- Have experience of, and enthusiasm for teaching beginner to grade 2 instrumentalists
- The ability to plan and deliver high quality lessons which demonstrate that every students musical skills and knowledge progress each term
- The ability to teach a range of styles – it is an advantage to be able to teach improvisation, playing from chord charts, tab and by ear as well as from standard notation
- The ability to maintain high professional standards at all times including excellent timekeeping, timesheet and register administration, clear and timely communication with schools, parents, students and the music service.
We are committed to recruiting and continuing to develop our workforce to reflect the diverse community we serve and welcome applicants under-represented in music education such as those with disabilities and/or from Black, Asian or minority ethnic backgrounds. Experience, commitment and a high level of demonstrated musicianship is more important than formal qualifications for these posts. Additional pedagogical training and support will be provided for the right candidates.
Slough is a vibrant, diverse and thriving borough with an exciting future for music education for the community. Our schools are highly supportive of the arts, offering our staff a rewarding and innovative place to work.
We support all teachers to self-promote and grow their timetables to suit their needs and aspirations and we organise regular CPD sessions to support career development. Applicants must be able and willing to travel between venues across Slough. All staff are subject to Slough Borough Council safe recruitment protocols, pre-employment checks including an Enhanced DBS check and following up of all references.