Bradford Music & Arts Service is a highly successful service and the lead organisation for Bradford’s Music Education Hub. It provides wide ranging music opportunities for children and young people who live or go to school in the Bradford Metropolitan District Council area.
The service works in close partnership with schools and the local community and a number of delivery organisations to ensure that a broad range of high quality music provision is available, accessible and affordable to all children and young people.
If you would like to find out more about Bradford Music & Arts Service go to: www.bradfordmusiconline.co.uk/site
Working within a thriving team of instrumental/vocal music teachers, the successful applicants will teach whole class instrumental tuition, individuals, small groups and ensembles to a high standard throughout the district and at the Music Centres.
Information from Job Profile:
Key Purpose of Post:
- To teach singing or instrument playing to pupils both in groups and individually.
- First access and continuation whole class teaching
- Ensemble Conducting
- Performing to a high standard
Main Responsibilities of Post:
The post holder will be required to:
- Teach pupils both in groups and individually.
- Tutor and direct choirs or ensembles in schools and at music centres.
- Participate in the provision of concerts and performances.
- To actively motivate pupils
- To seek out and apply innovations in instrumental and or vocal teaching.
- To work as part of a team of professional teachers.
- To monitor and assess pupils and provide constructive feedback and maintain clear, accurate and up to date records of pupils.
- Able to deliver whole class instrumental and continuation schemes.
- To work within the safeguarding framework as set out in Keeping Children Safe in Education.
- To undertake multi agency working and electronic information sharing to support integrated working ensuring usage of digital technology effectively
- To work independently and as part of a team of specialist instrumental/vocal teachers.
- To provide advice and support to teachers, parents, carers and schools.
- To participate in team and service meetings
- To share good practice and training
- To determine when to enter pupils for examinations, Music Medals, ABRSM
How to Apply
To apply and for full details, click on the link below and complete the online application form on the Bradford Council recruitment site.
For further information please telephone Carl White on 01274435022.