Durham Music Service is the lead partner in the Durham and Darlington Music Education Hub.
Why work with us?
• Excellent Terms and Conditions. All staff receive Teachers’ Pay and Conditions and are supported with our own comprehensive personalised CPD programme throughout their career.
• Forward Thinking: Durham Music Service has been at the forefront of support of virtual learning throughout the pandemic with new initiatives and our hugely successful YouTube Channel
• High level of Engagement: Our highly respected service works in partnership with over 95% of schools in both Durham and Darlington
• Exciting Partnership Work with national portfolio organisations such as the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment, the Hallé and National Youth Jazz Orchestra of Great Britain.
• Durham and Darlington are great places to live and work: Rich in heritage, culture and natural beauty with many beautiful villages and towns to choose from, the local area offers a great relocation choice with house prices 52% of the national average and access to excellent schooling.
As part of the post, the successful candidate will run a twilight guitar ensemble and would be expected to be involved in additional weekend/evening concerts during term time. Please note, due to COVID-19 restrictions our ensembles are being run virtually. The successful candidate would support the delivery of the online ensemble if required.
Applicants must have a recognised music performance qualification (Grade 8 or equivalent) on guitar and either a teaching qualification or some previous teaching experience. The successful candidate will be involved in delivering both small group tuition and whole class ‘First Access’ programmes.
We welcome applications from musicians/graduates at the beginning of their career who may have limited teaching experience to date (e.g. teaching experience might include private teaching or a teaching module as part of a course). Working within music education is a great career choice for those with flair and creativity who want to inspire our young people though music making.
Want to find out more? Come along to our informal “Work with Durham Music Service” webinar on Wednesday 15 April at 4:30pm to meet some of our team and ask any questions
• The job involves travel across County Durham /Darlington Borough and candidates must be able to meet this provision – due to the rural nature of the area and the schools covered, this is not usually possible by public transport.
• The service is committed to safeguarding children. All candidates will need to demonstrate a commitment to the welfare and safety of children and young people. Any offer of employment will be conditional upon receipt of two supportive references and a successful DBS check.
• The County Council is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We want to develop a more diverse workforce and we positively welcome applications from all sections of the community
If you have any questions or would like to find out more about the role and/or your application, please contact Carolyn Norris (Deputy Head) email@example.com
Interviews will be held during week commencing 17 May 2021 and will be online.
As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required.