Freelance Finance & Administration Support
|Role||To provide temporary administrative support to the Music Mark team (on a fixed-term freelance basis) as part of a specific ACE-funded programme and to cover maternity leave staff changes.|
|Period||20/7/20 to 31/3/21|
|Fee available||£12,000 plus reasonable travel expenses|
|Anticipated support||25-28hrs per week|
|Location||Working at home, with regular online and/or face to face meetings with the Music Mark team|
The UK Association for Music Education – Music Mark is a Membership organisation for the Music Education sector. We provide our Members and Corporate Partners with support, connect them with each other through training and events, and work hard to influence policy makers on their behalf.
Our vision is for excellent musical learning in and out of school, for all children and young people, which inspires and enriches their lives. We plan to achieve that as a company and registered charity through our mission – supporting, connecting and influencing in pursuit of a high quality, diverse, inclusive music education for all children and young people.
As part of our strategic development, Music Mark is developing a stronger partnership with Arts Council England which is resulting in a grant to deliver more of the ongoing Hub Support Programme over the next six months. This role will get involved in that work, as well as helping to cover some staff gaps during a period of maternity leave for one of the Managers (and subsequent promotion of another member of staff). Below are details of the key areas of work expected to be covered by this Freelance Support role, although it is not exhaustive. As a charity we need to be reactive to our Members’ needs during the ongoing pandemic and being a small team of staff and consultants there will be scope to get involved in all areas of our work.
- Act as the key point of contact for membership enquiries by email, managing the ‘info’ inbox.
- Refer to database/CRM to update member enquiries
- Helping to respond to simple queries to Finance inbox.
- Raising, sending and chasing invoices generated in relation to Membership Fees, Events and Training, using QuickBooks (training and support will be given)
- Ensuring regular and timely entry on QuickBooks of receipts, remittances and debts from customers.
- Filing and keeping all electronic financial records up to date.
Events and Training Support:
- Support the Membership and Events Manager and Conference Consultant in the smooth running of all Music Mark events including the Annual Conference and any Members’ meetings etc including scheduling events on Zoom, collating papers and resources etc.
- Support the Membership and Events Manager in the running of the ACE-Funded Hub Support Programme including specific work on the day-to-day administration, the financial reporting and the monitoring and evaluation of activity.
- Support the Membership and Events Manager in running wider Member training events such as Webinars etc.
- Uploading job posts and adverts (on social media and website, using WordPress and social media scheduling tool)
The role will ideally start on or soon after 20th July 2020 and run until 31st March. Within this period Music Mark will not require the freelancer to work for two weeks at Christmas (21st December to 1st January).
This junior admin post is being offered for a fixed fee and is calculated with an expectation that the contracted provider will carry out approximately 25 to 28 hours a week spread across the five working days of the week. A payment schedule will be drawn up following appointment. As a freelancer they will be expected to provide their own equipment, manage their own tax, national insurance and pension, will be permitted to subcontract and substitute a third party to delivery some or all of the work (through discussion with Music Mark’s CEO), and can choose the hours they work – although these will need to be discussed with Music Mark staff team to ensure there are regular opportunities to work together on programmes and projects.
Some initial training will be provided to help familiarize the consultant with the specific programmes used by the charity.
This post is being advertised to help cover maternity leave. A review will be carried out to ascertain whether an extension of the contract will be offered if the member of staff choses to remain on maternity leave beyond the anticipated 6 months currently planned.
How to Apply
Please provide short (no more than 500 words) statement (attached as a pdf) explaining the skills and experience you can bring to meet this specific role brief plus your current CV. These should be emailed to email@example.com.