The starting salary for this role is £10,526 or £10,614 per annum. Working hours are being offered as whole year-round or term-time only (12.45 hours per week term-time only (39 weeks) or 10.8 hours per week if year-round).
Surrey Arts, part of Surrey County Council, is the lead partner for Surrey Music Education Hub. Our aim is to work in partnership to ensure that children and young people from all backgrounds receive music education that is high quality, wide ranging, sustainable and accessible to all, and that there are clear musical pathways along which children and young people can progress.
We are seeking an experienced music educator and leader to develop relationships and activity in the following geographical areas of Surrey:
North Surrey: Surrey Heath, Elmbridge, Runnymede, and Spelthorne
Working closely with the Area Manager you will:
- Lead one or more satellite Centres, resolving day-to-day issues and ensuring the centres offer an exciting music and arts offer
- Build close relationships with schools and communities
- Deputise for the Area Manager at meetings and run the Music Centre from time-to-time
- Line-manage instrumental teachers
- Monitor take up of instruments and genres and devise initiatives to ensure a balanced offer in the area
You may, or may not, hold Qualified Teacher Status but you must be demonstrably successful as a music educator and leader, in any musical discipline, and have extensive experience of working in school settings.
You will also:
- Be creative in managing music education activities that meet the needs of young people
- Have high expectations of those you manage and be able to support colleagues constructively to develop
- Be committed to an anti-racist agenda and hold equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of your work
- Be willing and able to support Surrey Arts’ work throughout the stated areas and outside of normal working hours
We would love to hear from you if you have the same passion for Arts as us at Surrey and if you would like to help inspire Surrey’s musicians of the future.
How to Apply
To apply, please visit https://www.surreycc.gov.uk/jobs/search/details?id=22701.