Gallions Primary School is a large school in the heart of East London. We take pride in celebrating the rich diversity of our families and value learning from each other. Gallions is a happy school, with passionate staff who see children as individuals and work enthusiastically to ensure all children thrive.
We have a well established music programme delivered by a team of experienced Kodaly/Colourstrings practitioners offering every child weekly Kodaly musicianship lessons and from year 2 onwards string instrumental lessons in small groups.
We are looking for a cello teacher to join our team for 1 day per week on a Thursday. The role has the potential to extend to whole class musicianship teaching in the future.
- Degree in Music
- Music teaching experience
- Passion for music education
- Willingness to commit to further training if necessary and/or when the opportunity arises
- Good understanding of how children learn
- Good communication skills
- Good working relationship with colleagues and a professional/pleasant manner of communicating with parents
- Good performer
- Colourstrings cello teacher training: at least phase 1
- Knowledge of Kodály solfa and good musicianship skills
- IT and some administrative skills
How to Apply
Applications in the form of a CV (inc. two referees) and a covering letter should be emailed to the Deputy Headteacher, Amy Wood: email@example.com