West Sussex Music provides high-quality opportunities for children and young people across the county at every level of their creative development. Our mission is to remove barriers to learning and promote the life-enhancing benefits of music. Through inspiring young minds and nurturing their interest, we empower young people to realise their ambitions.
By working with quality assured music practitioners and delivery partners, we ensure that the highest standards of care go hand in hand with musically uplifting experiences.
West Sussex Music, building on its heritage of over 60 years in education, leads the county’s music education hub to meet the needs of all children and young people. Working with schools, parents/carers, strategic partners, and students, together we change lives through music!
About The RoleWe are in an exceptional period of growth and recovery as music education and musical activity re-opens in schools and music centres. This role is responsible for overseeing and managing the deployment of West Sussex Music’s instrumental and vocal visiting music teachers across the county.
This is a unique business role that requires great stakeholder management skill, delivery capability and commercial acuity with regards to the income generated by tuition fees. With an analytical and organised approach, you will need to be a high-level planner and take action to deploy our remote teacher workforce, to meet current demand across the county. Using excellent relationship and communication skills, you will effectively identify and address the needs of schools and pupils. You will balance financial risk and profitability when making decisions about teacher deployment.
The postholder will be responsible for assigning teachers to schools and identify where recruitment of new visiting music teachers is needed to meet our tuition objectives. You will be working closely with managers and administrators to ensure that we not only meet the demand for music lessons but also increase pupil numbers in more schools. In time, this post holder will help forge the strategy for the future of music tuition across the county.
This position is being offered on a permanent full-time basis. The post will be based in Horsham but is temporarily based in Petworth.
Salary & Benefits: c £32,000 -£35,000 dependent on experience. 25 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays), enhanced pension, free parking.Main Duties
- Use current data and needs analysis to refresh and define delivery plans for tuition provision and requirements for West Sussex Music
- Work collaboratively with our network of remote teachers and deploy our teaching resources across the county
- Manage the cost vs commercial benefit of deployment, making sound financial judgments about where to invest resource
- Keep tuition, teacher and school data updated and accurate at all times
- Working with HR, recruit quality new teachers for West Sussex Music to meet local needs and fulfil tuition demand
- Work with the curriculum managers to develop growth areas for tuition to meet the objectives of the tuition strategy
- Manage the development of the teaching data management system “SpeedAdmin”
- Provide tuition and school engagement data to Senior Leader Team and governance boards
Skills, Knowledge, Experience
- Matrix management experience
- Project management and needs analysis capability
- Sound financial judgment and decision making
- Ability to consolidate needs/school data and deploy solutions and resources
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills are required to work with a remote workforce and school stakeholders
- Excellent planning and time management
- Using own initiative (taking charge of situations)
- The ability to problem solve, present solutions and process improvements
- Confidence in communicating own ideas
- Experience of education and/or music would be very advantageous, although not essential
- High level user of databases/CRM and Office 365
How to Apply
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Early applications are encouraged as we may appoint before the closing date if a suitable applicant is identified.
West Sussex Music is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people. All posts are subject to enhanced DBS and barred list clearance, a Prohibition check, identity check, confirmation of the right to work in the UK, health assessment and satisfactory references. References will always be taken up in advance of an interview, and we may contact other previous employers for references.