Bury Music Service is looking for a brass teacher (with horn specialism if possible) to teach in schools across Bury in a 1- or 2-day post and assist with our ensembles on Saturday mornings. Are you a talented musician, passionate about teaching, with high standards and a drive to succeed?
Bury Music Service is dedicated to providing outstanding music education to children in Bury, engaging with primary schools, secondary schools and sixth form colleges across the borough.
We provide instrumental teaching and ensemble coaching, workshops, curriculum support, early years teaching and whole class ensemble teaching. Bury Music Centre provides opportunities for hundreds of young musicians to play in a range of ensembles on weekday evenings and Saturday mornings. These ensembles have an excellent reputation within the Greater Manchester Hub and beyond.
We would like to hear from you if:
• You have achieved a high standard of performance on your instrument.
• You are passionate about teaching children with high expectations and no limitations of what children can achieve.
• You may have some experience of Wider Opportunities or a willingness to learn.
• You are flexible, reliable and looking for a close team to join.
• You are confident, courteous and engaging with adults and children alike and understand the need to create excellent working relationships with pupils, parents and schools.
• You are willing to work evenings and weekends where necessary and understand the necessity of giving performance opportunities to your pupils.
• You are the sort of person who sees how things can be improved. You’re always looking to do things better.
• You take a pride in yourself and all you undertake; you have high standards.
• Your friends would describe you as loyal, honest, hardworking and a pleasant person to be around.
• You have a full UK driving licence and are happy to drive between schools.
• You have experience of taking pupils through recognised examinations and have clear progression routes ensuring every pupil makes the progress they are capable of.
How to Apply
If you can tick these boxes and have examples to back it up, then email firstname.lastname@example.org saying why you want the job and the teaching experience you have. Please include contact details and a current CV.