We are seeking to appoint a professional, experienced individual who will deliver outstanding whole class music lessons, in accordance with the National Curriculum for Music, in primary schools in the Bexley borough as part of our PPA Cover provision.
Main Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Delivering outstanding whole-class music lessons, following National Curriculum guidelines as part of the PPA provision of the school in which you are placed
- Being an effective teacher who maintains and enhances the quality of music, ensuring that students are positively encouraged to develop their potential
- Planning and organising lessons, as appropriate to the class
- Adapting teaching resources and tailoring teaching methods to the needs of the class and the individual members within it
- Providing a varied and enjoyable range of activities to further the students’ musical and technical abilities and to inspire them to play or sing outside of the lessons
The successful candidate will share the ethos of Bexley Music which aims to provide music opportunities for all, and will make a significant contribution to the implementation of Bexley Music’s School Music Education Plan.
About Bexley MusicBexley Music, part of London South East Academies Trust and based within Belmont Academy, is the official music provider in Bexley. The organisation delivers music provision to thousands of children and adults every week, in Bexley schools during the day and at Belmont Academy on weekday evenings and all-day Saturday. The provision at Belmont Academy consists of individual and group lessons in all musical instruments and singing, as well as opportunities for playing in a band or orchestra or singing in a choir. Concerts are a regular part of the provision, taking place locally in churches and schools in the borough and further afield, in the Royal Festival Hall, London.
Bexley Music is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All roles are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure and other employment checks. Further vetting checks, in line with the requirements of Keeping Children Safe in Education 2020 will be completed following a provisional offer of appointment.
Bexley Music is committed to equality and diversity in employment practice and service delivery and expects employees to comply with our values of promoting equality and diversity, treating colleagues and service users with dignity and respect at all times. This commitment must be evidenced in practice. Any behaviour that falls below these standards is unacceptable to Bexley Music and potentially constitutes misconduct.
How to Apply
To apply for this vacancy please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an Application Pack. Please complete the application form, paying particular attention to how you satisfy the criteria set out in the Person Specification. Applications should be submitted via email to: email@example.com CVs will not be accepted. The closing date for your application is as stated above.
References will be requested for applicants shortlisted for interview only and prior to interview. Only applicants shortlisted for interview will be contacted.