Positions are available in a variety of roles and settings:
- Instrumental teaching
- Small group and whole class instrumental tuition
- Whole class primary/secondary teaching, delivering the National Curriculum for Music
- SEND (music specialism)
We are particularly interested in employing candidates who can teach across different settings, fulfilling a number of roles.
We are interested in teachers of all instruments to join our team (as bank staff), but are specifically recruiting for immediate teaching positions in:
- Piano /Keyboard
- Brass (high and low-brass specialisms)
- Woodwind (covering more than one instrument – e.g. flute, clarinet, saxophone)
- Whole class primary, secondary and SEND, delivering the national curriculum for Music
Successful candidates will share the ethos of Bexley Music which aims to provide music opportunities for all and will make a significant contribution to the implementation of Bexley Music’s Local Plan for Music Education (LPME).
Bexley Music is committed to equality and diversity in employment practice and service delivery and expects employees to comply with our values of promoting equality and diversity, treating colleagues and service users with dignity and respect at all times. This commitment must be evidenced in practice. Any behaviour that falls below these standards is unacceptable to Bexley Music and potentially constitutes misconduct.
You will join us at an exciting time in Bexley Music’s journey. You will be supported by the staff team and have the opportunity to work within a welcoming, creative school environment.
We are interested in someone who is able to:
- Share their passion for music and enthuse their students
- Deliver outstanding music / instrumental lessons
- Be an excellent and effective teacher who ensures that students are positively encouraged to develop their potential
- Plan and organise lessons, as appropriate to the class and / or student
- Adapt teaching resources and tailor teaching methods to the needs of the class and / or individual
- Encourage students to persevere
- Provide a varied and enjoyable range of activities to further the students’ musical and technical abilities and to inspire them to play or sing outside the lesson time
- Understand and plan activities in accordance with the requirements of the National Curriculum for Music (whole class tuition)
- Encourage students to join Bexley Music groups and ensembles
- Organise performances where appropriate
- Liaise with schools, staff and parents where appropriate
- Complete any necessary administration associated with the post including student reports
- Attend appropriate meetings and training as required
In return we can offer you the opportunity:
- To work in an exciting musical education environment where creativity and innovation are actively encouraged.
- To have access to a wide range of resources and support to help you in the role.
- To work as part of an experienced, friendly and supportive team.
- To access professional development.
- To be part of Bexley Music and have access to all the musical opportunities and support that a Music Service and Music Education Hub provide can provide
How to Apply
To apply for this vacancy please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain an Application Pack. Application forms should be completed, paying particular attention to how you satisfy the criteria set out in the Person Specification and submitted by email to email@example.com CVs will not be accepted. We reserve the right to close adverts earlier than the closing date.
References will be requested for applicants shortlisted for interview only and prior to interview. Only applicants shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Bexley Music is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All roles are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure and other employment checks. Further vetting checks, in line with the requirements of Keeping Children Safe in Education 2023 will be completed following a provisional offer of appointment.
This post is considered to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. Bexley Music therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the person specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages.