Probation: 6 months
Ideal start date for the role is 1st June 2022 but we will be flexible for the right candidate. The role is office-based on Mondays (The Centre @ Burnholme, Tang Hall Explore, Mossdale Avenue, York YO31 0HA) and home-based the rest of the time.
About York Music Hub
York Music Hub (YMH) was established to provide and sustain musical diversity and excellence and to enhance the education, life experience and self-confidence of children and young people in York through music making. We are funded by the Department for Education and managed by the Arts Council England (ACE). YMH is part of a national network of music education hubs working with more than a million children and young people. Our grant from the Arts Council is conditional upon the delivery of the National Plan for Music Education which was established so that children from all backgrounds and every part of England should have the opportunity to learn a musical instrument, to make music with others, to learn to sing, and to have the opportunity to progress to the next level of excellence if they wish to.
Our priorities through our commissioning and in-house delivery model are:
- Engagement: To involve more children and young people in making and enjoying music
- Quality: To raise standards and improve the quality of music making in the city and to maintain a high level of safeguarding
- Performance: To provide more opportunities for performance to showcase talent and reach a wider audience
- Support: To develop a more widely understood package of support for schools and other providers in the city
- Branding: To increase awareness of the Hub and its role in promoting music education in the city
- Planning: To gather and use data more effectively to improve needs analysis and inform planning
How to Apply
To download the recruitment pack and application form, please visit our website.
Application deadline: 18:00 on Tuesday 26 April 2022.