Expect practical workshops and panel discussions on inclusivity and equity through the lens of Youth Voice, plus drop-in surgeries, delicious food, and even some live performances – no matter what stage of your journey you are at, you are welcome! Curated and led by young people in partnership with Sound Connections. Early bird tickets on sale until 14 February.
- Learn directly from young people and deepen your understanding of what is important to young people today.
- Connect with like-minded people of all ages and levels of experience, all aligned in a commitment to working with a youth-led approach.
- Challenge hierarchical dynamics by putting young people centre stage, with them as the experts.
- Reflect on your own practice and how you might create space for new approaches and ideas inspired by people who are different from you.
- Be empowered with the practical tools and knowledge to take your next steps – whether you are a young person emerging into the creative industries, or a professional looking to develop your own / your organisations’ youth voice work – no matter what stage of your journey you are currently at, you are welcome!
Who is it for?
We are envisaging this event to be an open conversation between young people, practitioners, organisations and participants. We believe everyone can learn from one another. We therefore encourage people of all ages and levels of experience to attend and be part of the discussion.
We particularly welcome individuals who considers themselves a minority, or who have been made to feel ‘other’, whatever stage of your career you are at. We will endeavour to support you throughout the event with awareness of your psychological safety. We also welcome organisations and individuals from across the sector who wish to explore inclusive practice and take action to change for the better.
Attend this event
Early Bird Prices (on sale until Wednesday 14 February 2024):
- Students, young people aged 16-25, and unwaged – £5
- Individual practitioners / freelancers – £40
- Organisation band 1 (under 100k turnover) – £80
- Organisation band 2 (100k+ turnover) – £125
*Free companion tickets are available to those with access needs. If you require the assistance of an essential companion, please book your own ticket online and then contact email@example.com to request your free additional companion ticket.
About the Provider
Our mission is to ensure that all children and young people can experience music and creative opportunities that are relevant to them and responsive to their needs in a changing world.