In this session you will:
- Learn about different ways of generating income: trusts and foundations, donations, crowd-sourcing, matched funding, in-kind funding
- Learn about what funders are looking for
- Explore planning for fundraising in your project timelines and being creative with this
- Discuss the current funding landscape
- Explore different ways of thinking about expenditure and budgets (often the most important element to a funder)
- Consider how you/your organisation’s vision, what you do, and who you help can be matched with what funders might look for
The course will be interactive and task-based.
What will you get out of the session?
- Knowledge, skills and understanding of fundraising
- Opportunity to get feedback on your ideas for fundraising
- Fundraising toolkit to take away
Nancy Hitzig is a professional fundraising consultant, fundraising coach, creative producer and theatre maker. She is known for working with small to mid-sized charities to plan and implement fundraising strategies and help creatives to successfully generate income from a wide range of sources.
Attend this event
- £25 individuals/freelancers
- £40 – orgs with a turnover of less than £100k
- £50 – orgs with a turnover of more than £100k
- Free to young people aged 16-25, students and unwaged
We want to ensure our training events are fully accessible and that cost is not a barrier. We therefore have a limited number of bursary places available to those who are unable to pay (subject to availability).
About the Provider
Our mission is to ensure that all children and young people can experience music and creative opportunities that are relevant to them and responsive to their needs in a changing world.