Grounded in a COVID-recovery context, this online Sound Connections workshop will provide the basics if you are starting to think about how to raise funds for your project or organisation. In this session, participants will learn about the current funding landscape, understand different ways of generating income, think about expenditure and budgets, plan for fundraising within project timelines and more!
In this session you will
- Learn about the funding landscape and what’s changed, in flux and what’s stayed the same
- Understand different ways of generating income: trusts and foundations, donations, crowd-sourcing, matched funding, in-kind funding
- Discover ways of thinking about expenditure and budgets (often the most important element to a funder)
- Consider who you or your organisation are, what you’re about and who you help
- Match all of these questions with what funders are looking for
- Planning for fundraising in your project timelines and being creative
This session is designed for organisations and individuals who are just starting out with fundraising, or who want a refresh of ideas. For example:
- Project managers in music/arts
- Community music and arts organisation staff
- Music Education Hub staff and leaders
- Workshop leaders/Animateurs
- Early years music practitioners
Attend this event
- Individuals/freelancers: £25
- Organisations with a turnover of less than £100k: £35
- Organisations with a turnover of more than £100k: £45
We actively encourage teams from organisations to attend our training courses, to facilitate ongoing discussion and change in your workplace. Group discounts are available for organisations sending groups of 3 or more colleagues. Please contact email@example.com for information.
We have a number of bursary places available on our training programme for individuals who have lost income as a result of the pandemic or other circumstances. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a request for a training bursary.