Are you working to become more inclusive? Not only in who you’re reaching… but also in what makes your organisation tick? Things like:
- training your workforce
- recruiting more diverse tutors
- developing an inclusive culture, strategies, organisational practices
- using a wider range of genres and pedagogies
- listening to young people?
Come along to four short weekly twilight sessions on Wednesdays, 6-7pm.
Think about the actions you need to take now so that you improve your offer and reach.
Develop your ED&I practical plan with the help of peers in Hertfordshire who are on the same journey. Learn and share advice with five other music services.
Who is it for?
Six heads of music services and music service inclusion champions who want to develop a culture of equality, inclusivity and diversity in their organisation, either as part of a wider strategy or to inform ongoing development. You should be at the start of your journey, either with an initial strategy but no action plan, or completely at the start.
What will my organisation gain from it?
- Hear how others have been creating their action plans.
- Gain practical ideas and signposting to resources that can help.
- Come away having planned small and large but achievable steps towards change.
- Know how to promote diverse conversations with your whole staff team, hear and value all viewpoints – and take staff with you.
- Create an action plan that everyone can sign up to and support, and that you can roll out ready for the next academic year (online, face-to-face or blended).
What will it be like?
Short sessions, with practical advice and resources – you’ll come away feeling ready to act.
One hour, online, twilight (6pm) sessions:
Session 1: 23rd February
Where are you now? Create a snapshot as your baseline for change, and start modelling the change you want to see.
Session 2: 2nd March
Setting realistic goals for ED&I. Beginning to write your plan: key questions, critical reflection and consultation.
Session 3: 9th March
Refining your plan to connect it with local authority and schools’ needs. Using your plan for advocacy and maintaining momentum through Do, Review, Improve.
Session 4: 16th March
Advanced benchmarking. Tracking your progress and setting new goals.