Led by Rachel Shapey, author of How to Teach Composition in the Secondary Classroom – 50 Inspiring Ideas (HarperCollins) and Director of the award-winning platform: I Can Compose, this in-person course is designed for secondary classroom teachers wanting to refresh their approach to delivering composition in the classroom and seeking to support their students in creating imaginative and successful compositions.
Benefits of attending:
- Take away tried-and-tested strategies and approaches for delivering composition in the secondary classroom.
- Gain new techniques, lesson activities and ideas to adapt and develop in the classroom.
- Find out more about teaching compositional techniques at GCSE.
- Take away strategies for delivering composition at KS3.
- Understand how to implement a holistic approach to teaching composition, helping students to make connections between the four main strands of music (performing, listening, analysing and composing).
Lunch included. Each delegate will receive a complimentary online course from I Can Compose.