Two years on from the relaunch of A Common Approach, join Editor and Coordinator Catherine Brentnall to find out more about how the resource continues to expand and evolve to better support the diversity of instrumental and vocal teaching in the UK. Tim Clay will introduce the new and improved music technology section, while Yogesh Dattani, Mohammed Sarwar, Harjit Singh and Pritpal Singh Rai will demonstrate the curriculum for Tabla which was launched earlier this year. Applicable to teachers of all instruments, this session will include input on the resource as a whole as well as some discipline-specific breakouts.
- Catherine Brentnall (Freelance Music Education Consultant, Editor and Coordinator of A Common Approach)
- Tim Clay (Team Leader for Music Technology and Contemporary Music, Leicestershire Music)
- Yogesh Dattani (Head of Service, Ealing Music Service)
- Harjit Singh (Head of World Music and Percussion, Services for Education)
- Pritpal Singh Rai (Tabla, Dhol and Percussion Teacher, Services for Education)
- Mohammed Sarwar (CEO, Centre of Wellbeing, Training and Culture)
About the Provider
We are a membership organisation, Subject Association, and an Arts Council England Investment Principles Support Organisation (IPSO) advocating for excellent musical learning in and out of school.