Music Mark is a strategic lead organisation working on behalf of our membership
Music Mark is a membership organisation for Music Services and/or Lead Organisations of a Music Education Hub, their teaching and support teams, their partners and their schools. We aim to enable our members, and the wider music education sector, to deliver high-quality musical and social outcomes for all children and young people.
We call upon key decision makers in central and local government and all who hold a stake in the strategic planning and operational delivery of music education to support us in continuing to raise that status and value of music in a broad and balanced education through:
- continuing and enhanced ring-fenced government funding for music education to ensure that the National Plan for Music Education can be fully implemented and achieved by 2020 alongside ensuring the place of music education beyond 2020
- continuing and enhanced support from local authorities and other bodies to exercise their civic responsibilities and own local decision making to complement the national framework for music education
- an unswerving commitment to supporting the professional development of the workforce, especially in the quality of teaching and learning, as well as the quality of access and provision in music education, in schools, music services and music education hubs
- the strongest possible focus on the impacts and outcomes for children and young people, musically, personally, socially and educationally; dedication to best progress and highest achievement for all
- clear and unequivocal support for articulating and enabling the rich and positive impacts that a high quality music education has on schools and their communities
“Music Mark believes in the fundamental right to experience a high-quality music education for all children and young people, in and out of their schools.” Jem Shuttleworth, Chief Executive
Music Mark works to influence, support and connect on behalf of our members. Through our work, we influence thinking, policy and practice at all levels. We support our membership by facilitating CPD, building communities and offering ideas. Music Mark connects our members and the wider music education sector by brokering conversations, facilitating discussions and adding value.
This work is supported by our four Grassroots Development Groups, which are:
- diversity, equity and inclusion
- instrumental, vocal and curriculum
- data and impact
Through the collective strength of our membership, we are able to develop networks and resources that help the sector to support children and young people in their social and musical development.
Music Mark combines a staff team with representatives from our membership. This enables us to call on their collective experience in order to inform our strategic planning and delivery.
By joining Music Mark, you will have the opportunity to become a part of the team and make a difference to the social and musical opportunities available for children and young people.